Creative Airwave Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with NFC (Grey)


Creative Airwave Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with NFC (Grey)








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

I didn't know I needed this...until I got it.



OH my laptop speakers are fine, I said. Oh I don't really need to hear my podcasts while doing yardwork, I said. Oh why would I EVER want to listen to music while doing the dishes, I said.



I. was. so. WRONG.



Now that I have this creepy little triangle, I love it. It's portable, it's got a USB rechargie cable that looks like it's covered in bulletproof kevlar, and the connection from the usb cable into the SoundTriangle(As I'll refer to it here) is secure and not wobbly at all. If there's one thing I hate, it's when you get a rechargeable device, and the accompanying USB cable connects into it like when you plug a kitty vacuum into the wall, and before you even turn it on, the cord falls out of the socket.



NO MITCH. THAT KIT STAYS PLUGGED. IN.



It's also kind of nice that the buttons are dumb-proof on top of SoundTriangle. Volume up/down, and the bluetooth power button. I'll admit, it does seem like it takes a bit of time to power it down, but it's 8 seconds, not a hour like some other reviews suggest. It's not long at all. Plus, I find it's a lot easier to not break your own kit when you slow down a little when you're putting it away. Whatever, that's just me. Enough of this, let's talk about



THE SOUND!



You know, and I know, you get what you pay for. And what you get with SoundTriangle is a decently portable little sound powerhouse with a couple days battery life. I haven't left it playing for 2 days straight, but I've definitely left on by accident, and then used it again like normal the next day. SoundTriangle is probably not ideal for your average reclaimed-warehouse-abandoned-business-district party, but it is plenty loud to save me from the unbearable tedium of various household tasks, and it can definitely fill a room and yard loud enough so that geriatric parents will urge you, using expletives, to reconsider your life choices.

here's how I use SoundTriangle



-computer speaker for streaming video when I'm hiding from my responsibilities

-computer speaker for streaming audio when I'm trying to learn some new skill, and hiding from my responsibilities

-ipad speaker for streaming video, when I'm cooking and trying to forget how boring cooking is

-iphone speaker for when raking up lawn clippings, weeding, or scooping up dog cookies in the backyard

-a stand-in as a car stereo in vehicles whose previous stereos have been 'liberated'



I personally prefer to connect SoundTriangle to my devices via audio cable, since it saves battery for SoundTriangle and for my phone/tablet. I've tried it with a bluetooth connection before, but it was slightly crackly, as blutooth audio connections are wont to be, but nothing you wouldn't expect from the technology. If you're looking for something super high end, this is not your first chose. For the rest of us streaming mp3s and high definition video on a laptop, this is a reasonable investment for your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment