CAMBRIDGE - AZUR 752BD BLU-RAY (BLACK)


CAMBRIDGE - AZUR 752BD BLU-RAY (BLACK)








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

As an audiophile, musician and electronics repair technician for over 40 years, let me make clear that at times I like to listen to my system at pretty loud levels and I found the 752BD to be sweeter sounding right out of the box when compared to the Oppo BDP-105 that I recently purchased and evaluated for two weeks. The 752 is quite a bit smaller in size than the 105 and has a few less features, but for critical audiophile level playback it was no contest for me. The three user selectable digital filters actually work, plus they're selectable from the remote which really makes it nice in tweaking the high end from the listening position. About my system, it consists of a McIntosh MX-135 preamplifier and a McIntosh MC-602 power amplifier which power a pair of Magnepan 3.6R's for the L-R mains. I use one Crown PSA-II power amp to power the L-R surrounds sides and another Crown PSA-II amp to power the L-R subs of a Bi-amped pair of Carver AL3+s. Lastly, a Marantz DC-170 power amp handles the chores of feeding two Infinity center channel speakers, one of which is located above and the other located below the video screen. As you can imagine, this setup sounds great in both pure stereo as well as 5.1 listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment